Currently, we require the services of skilled After-Hours and Overnight Support Staff who will be responsible for monitoring and supporting resident activities, ensuring the safety and security of residents and children, and enforcing house policies during the evenings, overnights and on weekends.
Qualifications and Skills for the Position:
· A certificate in human services with 1 year of work experience in a related field and/or a minimum of grade 10 with 2 years of work experience in the helping field;
· Experience working in residential setting an asset;
· Experience in documentation and logging;
· Knowledge and Awareness of the impact of systemic issues affecting women and children;
· Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture and traditional ways of healing;
· Knowledge of Community Resources;
· Excellent people skills;
· Good conflict resolution skills;
· Must have CPR/1st Aid Training Certificate or be willing to obtain certificate;
· Must have Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check or be willing to obtain them;
· Ability to work independently and enforce Centre’s policies and protocols;
· A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is considered an asset;
· Ability to speak an Aboriginal Language is considered an asset.
Please email or drop-off your resume outlining your qualifications and work experience, Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse Registry Checks if possible, along with 3 references, including their names and phone numbers to:
Indigenous Women’s Healing Centre
105 Aikins Street
WInnipeg, MB R2W 4E4
or email to:
This is an ongoing Application process. Please note that we thank all interested applicants, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.